Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu (Burna Boy) Net Worth in 2020: Following the influence Burna Boy has in the Nigerian music industry, a lot of people want to know how much this Nigerian singer and songwriter is worth.
This post covers how the Nigerian singer and songwriter “Burna Boy” made such wealth during the course of his career as a musician. This post covers a detailed summary of who Burna Boy is, how much he is worth, and even more personal information.
Who is Burna Boy?
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, popularly and professionally known as Burna Boy was born on 2 July 1991 in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
The Nigerian singer and songwriter rose to prominence in 2012 after releasing “Like to Party“, which was the lead single from his debut studio album L.I.F.E (2013). Burna Boy signed a deal with Bad Habit/Atlantic Records in the United States and Warner Music Group internationally in 2017.
View this post on Instagram
In 2018, his third studio album titled “Outside” was marked as his major-label debut. Burna Boy won Best International Act at the BET Awards in 2019. Burna Boys’ fourth studio album titled African Giant was released in July 2019 and he was also announced as Apple Music’s Up Next artist.
Burna Boys’ father managed a welding company, and his mother danced for Fela Kuti as she was also a translator as well.
His grandfather Benson Idonije is also known to have managed Fela Kuti at a time. Ogulu started making his own music with FruityLoops as he grew up in southern Nigeria. Burna Boy finished high school in Nigerian near Lagos and relocated to London to further his studies.
Also See: Naira Marley Net Worth (Forbes)
Burna Boy Net Worth
Burna Boy’s net worth is estimated to be $3.5 million according to Forbes. He brought back the fuji kind of music to Nigerian afro-beat.
|Birth Name||Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu|
|Stage Name||Burna Boy|
|Net Worth||$3.5 million|
|Place of Birth||Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria|
|Date of Birth||2nd, July 1991|
Burna Boy Personal Life
Burna Boys is around 6ft 1in tall. While Burna Boy was growing up, he listened to the music of Jamaican, Buju Banton, American, DMX, and Nigerian legend Fela Kuti. At age 10 he began making music. Before music, he did an internship at a radio station.
Other Facts About Burna Boy
- Burna boys’ first studio song was recorded at Leriq Treehouse Studio Port Harcourt, and his first gig on stage was at the Calabar Carnival in December 2010.
- Burna Boy’s first recorded song was Robbery, which was on the beat of “Step Back” by Freeway featuring Lil’ Wayne.
- His role models include Fela Anikulapo Kuti , 2Face and Sizzla Kalonji.
- Burna Boy once broke his leg and ribs while performing after falling off a stage.
- He is an ambassador for the brand Head Honcho Clothing.
- At an early age of 15, he got his first tattoo and currently has more than 12 tattoos. Burna has a tattoo of his role model, Fela Kuti on his arm.
- One of the biggest collaborations in his music career was with AKA, Da Les, and JR.
- Burna Boy sold over 50,000 copies of his first album titled “L.I.F.E” on the first day of release.